Don’t be intimidated by irregular quilt edges! Now you can bind any shape with confidence using the techniques you’ll learn in this book. Once you master the four different types of “crazy angles” you’re likely to encounter in your quilting adventures, you’ll never fear giving your quilts the unique finishes they deserve.
Inside this book:
- 120+ full-color photos!
- Step-by-step instructions for making bias binding
- Techniques for binding inside and outside points
- A fast method for binding curves
- Handling corners on angles greater than 90°
- Resources chapter, plus bonus access on the website
… and more!
This book is a fabulous addition to your quilting library! We probably don’t do enough unusual bindings on a regular basis to remember all the steps for each one, so this handy reference is perfect to have right when you need it! – Ebony Love
What You Will Learn in this Book:
- Supplies needed to mark, measure, pin, sew, and cut bias binding
- Advantages and disadvantages of straight-grain and bias binding
- How to calculate the width, length, and yardage needed for binding
- How to straighten and square fabric needed for binding
- How to make bias binding
- How to prep, baste, and trim your quilt to prepare for binding
- Techniques for turning corners on angles less than and greater than 90°
- Techniques for turning corners on inverted angles and curves
- An easy way to connect your binding tails for a neat finish
- Additional resources and Frequently Asked Questions
Quilters Should Read this Book if:
- You want to learn the right way to turn angled corners
- You’re looking for an alternative way to finish the edges of your quilt
- You want a binding that looks just as beautiful on the back as it does on the front
- You want to learn to properly stitch binding on scalloped edges
- You’re tired of your mitered corners looking misshapen
- You want reliable techniques you can use over and over
Books purchased direct from the Author are signed.
About the Author
Award-winning author and quilter Ebony Love is recognized as one of the leading experts in fabric die-cutting techniques, and she regularly produces videos featuring tips and techniques for die cutting and quilting. In addition to writing Get It Done Now!, she is also author of The Big Little Book of Fabric Die Cutting Tips and other books about quilting, sewing and die cutting.
Ebony shares her knowledge and advice via online forums, in-person and online classes, and her own website. She recently launched her own line of dies and acrylic templates to help others indulge in her passion for cutting and quilting.
When you purchase your book through my site, your card/payment account information is not stored, and the data is encrypted as it goes over the internet. We offer PayPal direct payments or credit card processing through the Stripe network.