Passport to Eastern Blooms
During the season of sakura viewing in Japan, called Hanami, the cherry blossoms gradually bloom over a period of several months – from February to May.
The blossoms ﬁrst open in the island country’s regions from lowest elevation – Kyushu – to the highest – Hokkaido.
Join us on our Hanami adventure with a skill-building BOM and eight complementary quilt patterns representing each region of Japan, as breathtaking as the blooms themselves!
Passport to Eastern Blooms is a great program to run in your shop! Here’s a brief overview of one way to run the program in your shop:
- Purchase the shop guide, BOM pattern set, passports, and quilt pattern collection for running your program. (Click here for all wholesale products)
- If you need a fabric kit for making a sample, please contact your Island Batik rep.
- Start your BOM program after August, 2017 to insure fabric is available.
- Sign up participants for the BOM and provide them with their Passport at sign up.
- Each month, provide participants with the block pattern for that month.
- When the participant brings in their passport and finished block, write the date & “stamp” the passport with the provided stamps.
- Optional: reward the participant with the matching quilt pattern.
- When the participant brings in their passport and finished quilt top, write the date and “stamp” the passport.
- Supplement your in-store program with events, prizes, demonstrations, and sew-ins for participants.
More details and ideas can be found in the shop guide, including suggested pricing, marketing, and schedules.
There are several ways to participate, either by joining the BOM at a participating quilt shop, signing up for the online class, or by purchasing individual patterns & tools. (Click here for products.)
Returning Your Passport
If you are participating at a local quilt shop and you have completed your passport (17 stamps total) you may send in your passport to me (Ebony Love, the designer) for a special prize.
The first person to complete their passport (US & Canada) will receive a fat quarter pack of my next collection plus other secret goodies!
The next 5 people who complete their passport (US & Canada) will receive 10 fat quarters from my next collection and one large spool of Aurifil thread. Don’t worry; your passport will be returned to you!
Please mail your passport to:
1862 E. Belvidere Rd. PMB 388
Grayslake IL 60030
The Sakura Signature Collection is a batik collection of 20 prints is available from participating quilt shops.