Online Classes and Events at LoveBug Studios
Let’s face it: quilting is not a cheap hobby. It’s expensive to buy fabric, it’s expensive to finish quilts, and it’s expensive to take classes to advance your skills and learn from your favorite teachers.
Here at LoveBug Studios, we have a fantastic and generous community of quilters who we affectionately call Lovies, and some of them were saddened to learn that there are people who would love to take a class from me, but simply cannot afford to do so. These folks have contributed their own hard-earned money to fund scholarships for others. Isn’t that a lovely idea?
We want to keep the scholarship program simple, so here are a few guidelines for our contributors, applicants, and recipients.
Scholarship Fund Contributors:
- Scholarships are funded directly when you purchase scholarship funds. These funds may be purchased at any time, in any amount you choose in multiples of $5. You will earn double points for scholarship donations.
- Since we are not a non-profit organization, applicable taxes & fees apply.
- If you wish to apply coupon discounts toward scholarships, please purchase scholarship funds in the amount of the coupon, and then apply your coupon during checkout. We are no longer using un-applied coupons to fund scholarships.
- You will receive an acknowledgement via US Mail that you have contributed to the scholarship, for which we thank you sincerely. Contributions of $20 or more receive a special gift.
- At the close of registration for the current class session, we will share the total value in our scholarship fund and the total amount to be awarded.
- Any scholarship funds not used for the current class session will be rolled over to the next class session.
- We do not reveal the names of our Contributors, but you are welcome to share information about your scholarship contributions if you choose.
Scholarship Fund Recipients:
- If you are selected as a Recipient, you will be notified via email. The scholarship is in the form of a Gift Card on the LoveBug Studios site.
- As a Recipient, you are expected to contribute something toward your class, so scholarships are issued for approximately 75% of the total class amount, excluding discounts. We believe this creates a better commitment for you to get value out of the class.
- Scholarship funds may only be used to discount eligible classes. If you use the gift card for anything other than a class, your order will be canceled and the scholarship forfeited. (If you add other items to your order PLUS the class, that is perfectly OK. You just can’t use the scholarship to get free fabric, for example.)
- You may not receive a scholarship for consecutive classes if there are other applicants who have not had the opportunity to take a class yet.
- If you are ever in a position to do so, we would appreciate you paying it forward in some way so that others may continue to benefit from the generosity of our Lovies.
- We do not reveal the names of our Recipients, but you are welcome to share information about the scholarship if you choose.
Scholarship Fund Applicants:
- If you are not able to afford the full price of the class, you may apply for a scholarship during the Early Registration period. Scholarships are issued for approximately 75% of the class value.
- Fill out the Form below to apply.
- Tell us why YOU should receive the scholarship. What do you hope to learn from the class?
- Entries should be no longer than 300 words.
- Your application must be received no later than 11:59 pm Central on the day Early Registration closes.
- All applicants will be notified of their status within 7 days of Early Registration closing.