If you’re a new user of the AccuQuilt Studio, GO!, or GO! Baby (or a seasoned user who hasn’t stopped cutting long enough to get on-line) you may be wondering where to find helpful tips, information, inspiration, or just other people like you. I wanted to highlight some of the communities & forums where I hang out, in the hopes that you might want to stop by and hang out for a bit!
There are actually quite a few Yahoo! Groups for AccuQuilt, but these are the ones I know are active and are packed with useful information. Depending on your interest, you may want to join more than one:
- AccuCut Quilters – This is the original Yahoo! Group, before AccuCut Quilter (the company) became AccuQuilt. This group talks primarily about the GO!, although many Studio owners belong to it and will pitch in ideas occasionally. There is also general information about the Sizzix Big Shot Pro. This group does have some “dramatic” flare ups from time to time, but with nearly 1,300 members, it is sometimes unavoidable. Put yourself on Daily Digest and you can bypass most of it.
- AccuQuiltStudio – This is actually a group that I started, which is specific to the Studio and GrandeMARK systems. It’s a spin off of the original group so that Studio owners could have more focused discussions. It’s a fairly new group, so the membership is only about 60 now, but growing.
- AccuQuilt GO Quilters – This group is the newest of all, less than a week old as of this writing, and is quietly breaking onto the scene. It was started to serve as a respite from the brouhahas on the larger group & really focus in on tips and projects for the GO.
- Machine Embroidery with Die Cuts – This is a very useful resource if you love embroidery, cutting with your GO!, and combining the two.
- AccuQuilt – The company runs its own Facebook page, and has over 8,000 fans. Every Friday, AccuQuilt gives away a GO! or GO! Baby and occasionally has other promotions. They will advertise specials here and sometimes provide coupon codes you can’t get from other sources.
- Quilt Cutters – This is a smallish social group that’s more about chatting and posting projects in progress, but it can be a welcome break from the larger AccuQuilt group when the giveaways are happening.
- Quilt Possible! – This page mostly publishes content from the blog, so if you are on Facebook a lot, you may want to “like” us so that our posts will automatically update on your Wall.
There’s a growing community of bloggers who love AccuQuilt and will post frequently about their adventures. Instead of linking to individual blogs, I’m going to link you to SewCalGal’s site. She’s a blogger that tries to serve as the “hub” to connect all the bloggers together along with other resources. You can find Quilt Possible! there too!
Around the web, there are other forums either dedicated to or containing topics related to AccuQuilt. Here are just a couple:
- Sew & Tell – This forum is sponsored & run by AccuQuilt. It’s a way to connect to other AccuQuilt owners & also participate in AccuQuilt’s giveaways if you choose not to have a Facebook account. This is a fairly new community, but it gets a lot of traffic on Fridays during the giveaway.
- Quilting Board – This forum is a general-purpose forum, but you can sometimes find threads and discussions related to AccuQuilt in the Main board.